Sunday, March 7, 2010

Take two

I met a fella when I was 16 and he was many firsts for me.

- I said "I love you" to someone who wasn't my family.
- I heard "I love you" from someone who wasn't my family.
- I cried in someone's arms who I knew loved me and would protect me and never ever hurt me.
- I was intimate in a way that is so special it is never ever forgotten.
- I had my driver's license and we drove everywhere together.
- I realized that some times you meet someone who is perfect for you in every way and completes you.
- I realized that sometimes ending a relationship is the hardest thing to do but at the time it's the right thing.


I moved to Ontario, he stayed in New Brunswick. I had serious relationships that were just that, he married and had two beautiful children.

Recently I ended a serious relationship. He and his wife decided to divorce. About 2 months ago he contacted me (thank you Facebook) and the 22 year gap seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye. We started talking as friends and somewhere in those talks we realized we still had feelings for one another and they grew deeply and quickly.

He spent the last week here and it truly was one of the best weeks of my life - I truly believe that this time, this second chance, is a rare chance that not everyone gets is one that I will grab onto and hold onto tightly.

Oh and one last thing.....his name is Paul.

1 comment:

JackiYo said...

Happy for you :)
So, when are you moving to NB?...