Sunday, March 14, 2010

R.I.P. Honda Civic

So my old car has gone to car heaven. Last Thursday I put new battery in the car, changed the oil and put tranmission fluid in the car (about $250.00 in total). This Saturday I head to the clinic (for my yearly physical stuff) and see the line and decide that maybe I better come back the following day- got into the car annnnddd it wouldn't start. I called Joe (because Paul would have taken too long to get there). He got the car started and followed me home. I decide to head to Canadian Tire - the car stalled twice once at the Supercentre and again in the merge lane going to CT. The nice man in the car behind me pushed me to the side of the road, I head to CT and ask for help but they can't do anything because of insurance reason (did I mention I was no more than 10 feet away from the parking lot). Now yesterday was rainy and cold and the first car that stopped couldn't help me (because "they were in a hurry") the second nice couple said no problem pulled away and NEVER RETURNED. I finally flagged down boy on bike who let me push the car while he steered. Finally got the car into parking lot. About an hour later the nice mechanic comes out and says the timing belt and F'ed although he was much more polite about it. To fix that would be 300 to 500 and he couldn't even guarantee it would work, and it would be thousands (no not hundred boys and girls thousands of dollars to fix it).

He looked around and said "I shouldn't say this but do you have any emotional attachment to the car ." I say "No." and he says "Get a new car."


So I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Ford Focus and 5 years of car payments. I get possession tomorrow (and am quite excited about it).




1 comment:

JackiYo said...

Hi pretty, shiny Ford Focus! (Sorry Honda Civic). It was nice to meet you briefly today. I hope to see you again soon.

And why the hell did the first car stop if they were "in a hurry"?! Did they feel better? And the second car? Nice....