Monday, May 24, 2010

The proposal



So by now you must know Paul and I are engaged - here's the story:

Paul and I were on the phone on Thursday before his flight and before I hung up, I said "See you soon, don't die in a fiery plane crash." and he said okay.
I make my way to the airport and upon arrival look for Paul's flight.....I can't find it ANYWHERE.


I make my way to arrivals and still nothing. So of course I'm all like OMG he died in a fiery plane crash. You can see the flights listed;St. John's is there but no Saint John. A few minutes later he comes out looking o' so sexy. I walk over and hug him and we give each other an inappropriate airport kiss. I am holding his hand and start to walk away chattering away "your flight wasn't listed etc etc blah blah blah" He pulls me back and I half turn back to him and he's on one knee with the ring box. I say " What are you doing?" (very romantic eh?). He opens it and says "Paula Lumini I love you. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife." I say "Oh my God"....repeatedly. I must have said it like six times before it dawns on me I haven't given him an answer yet. Then I can't seem to say anything. I nod my head vigorously, get all teary-eyed and say "Yes, I will marry you." He stands up and hugs me, places the ring on my finger and the everyone in arrivals applauds. I turn around and say "thank you." We go to the Tim Horton's everyone is congratulating us - and that's the story of my marriage proposal. Most awesome story ever, well I think so mostly because it belongs to Paul and I.

2 comments:

JackiYo said...

I love your last line. Awesome, Paula. :)

Dana said...

Congratulations, Paula!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! :)