Thursday, February 11, 2010

Running - the saga




So I didn't run last night because of time restraints but went out again tonight - a lot of people ask me about the weather but I read on a runner's blog that unless is was -20 (no you read that right) MINUS 20 running outside would be okay. After layering up and checking the weather network (-8 with the windchill feels like -13) I decided to go anyway. Now I can see why they say -20 because after about 30 seconds to one minute it's not cold anymore - the lung burning goes away and I'm off flying through my fatigue, feeling the days stress fall away. It was awesome.
I actually timed myself today and realized that I only run 20 minutes - disappointing but again I'm starting after not doing it for a long time. Monday I plan on increasing it to 30 minutes up the time by 10 minutes every week or two until I make it up to an hour long run.




In high school track was one of my favorite things to do and Iwould run for 1-2 hours a night after school - I wonder why I've stopped - actually I know why - things got more important -running in now something I plan on making a priority.


I have dinner plan with Jeremy tomorrow night however I plan on going for run fiome first. Boys can wait it's time I come first.

No comments: