Saturday, February 9, 2008

Guilty as sin

So Joe is back from the hospital - he's in some pain which should be expected. He has pretty much set up camp on the couch (the bed hurts his back too much). Occassionally he ventures up the stairs to the bathroom and 3-4 times a day to the kitchen to do his exercises. Which leaves me pretty much to make all the meals, do all the dishes, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and shovel the driveway. Oh did I forget that I have to bathe him and wash his hair. All this and I get to work 5 days a week and take him to all his appointments. Joe says thank you a lot but really that's all he can do. Here is where the guilt comes in I try not to get frustrated and pissed off but I do - by the end of the day I am exhausted and I mean bone tired exhausted. I know he can't help but he keeps saying stuff like"I wish I could do something for you but I can't" Dude buy me some flowers, ask someone over and give me some time so I can go out and eat with one of my girlfriends. I know this will get easier I just wish he put a little more thought into this wish I could something for ya thing. And because of this I feel guilty - I know that stay at home moms go through this except I work during the week too and I don't have a husband helper after five. Since he's been home I seriously haven't had time to stop. I guess I just get used to Joe taking up 1/2 the workload.



Okay enough of my bitching it just feels good to put some of these frustations down - I would never admit this to him nor would I want to go through what he is going through right now. I feel so much better now!

No comments: